Terms and Conditions
The cost of your treatment is inclusive of the following:
- Your treatment, including any eye drops you may need before, during and immediately afterwards .
- After care visits for up to 12 months post-treatment.
- During the first 12 months post-surgery, if an enhancement procedure is needed, it will be performed free of charge so long as it is medically advisable. Enhancement procedures for prescription adjustments are not normally considered before 3-6 months following LASIK, and between 6-12 months following LASEK.
The cost of your treatment does not include, and Space Healthcare is not liable for, the following:
- The costs of any eye drops or medication after the immediate healing phase of your treatment.
- The costs of glasses/contact lenses which may be required after treatment should you not achieve full correction or reading glasses for patients who are presbyopic.
- Compensation in the rare and unforeseen event of equipment failure or the Surgeon being taken ill or being unavailable on the day of your treatment, resulting in postponement or rearrangement of your appointment.
- Compensation should the Surgeon decide not to proceed on the day of treatment, having become aware of any reason to indicate it would not be in your best interests to have laser eye correction or if he/she considers an alternative procedure may be more suitable for you and you may require further time to consider your options. A full refund of your treatment fee will be made if we decline to treat or you decide to cancel.
- Compensation for out of pocket expenses if your planned follow up appointments are scheduled to take place at Space Healthcare, but unexpectedly the Optometrist is unavailable. In this case it may be necessary for you to attend a different practice or to return to see our Surgeon for your post-operative appointment(s).
- Expenses, in the rare event you develop a condition resulting in you having to be seen by the Surgeon at the treatment centre that may require frequent visits during the early stages of treatment. If emergency treatment or intervention is required, it may be necessary for you to travel to a different location in order to see the most accessible Surgeon.
- If you are ill, have a heavy cold or similar condition, an unrelated infection, or cold sores on the day of treatment, it is unwise to proceed and your treatment should be rearranged at the earliest opportunity.
- We may not be able to offer you an examination or treatment with a member of the same sex. If you are concerned, please do ask our Clinical Care Manager for a chaperone who will accompany you during your examination. If you would like to approach a member of staff or discuss anything in confidence, please speak to our Clinical Care Manager.
- From time to time, we may change our prices. The cost of treatment given to you at consultation (if it is lower than the present cost) will be honoured if you book your surgery within 14 days of the consultation.
Laser Vision Correction Procedure Cancellation Policy
- All monies paid by you or on your behalf, on booking a procedure and thereafter, are refundable only if the booking is cancelled by you within 72 hours of the booking being made.
- From 72 hours after the time of booking, the booking charge paid by you or on your behalf is non-refundable. If your scheduled treatment is within 72 hours of your consultation, the full amount paid is non-refundable.
- Procedure bookings can be rescheduled, without penalty but subject to availability, up to 5 days prior to your procedure date.
- If for any reason Space Healthcare has to cancel a procedure booking, and an alternative date cannot be arranged, the booking fee will be refunded.
- By paying your deposit you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
If you have a complaint to make regarding any aspect of our service, please address your complaint in writing to our Clinical Care Manager. Wherever possible, a full response to your complaint will reach you within 20 working days. If it is not possible to fully investigate or conclude an investigation into your complaint, our Clinical Care Manager will inform you of his/her progress. Should the nature of the complaint fall outside the Manager’s scope of responsibility, they will ensure the complaint is passed on to the appropriate department.