Stay Safe in the Sun
Your eyes are just like your skin – they need protection from UV radiation, even on cloudy, overcast days. Wearing sunglasses is a preventative measure to help you decrease your likelihood of developing eye health issues or diseases that may be linked to UV exposure.
Here are a few tips to keep your eyes safe in the sun.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, it is important to have a spare pair of prescription sunglasses to keep your eyes safe.
- Look for sunglasses that are close fitting as they help to prevent light getting behind your sunglasses and into your eyes
- The best colour lenses for protecting your eyes are brown, amber, green or grey
- UV light is strongest in the middle of the day so take extra care around these times
- Sunlight bouncing off water is even stronger so it is especially important to protect your eyes on the beach
All Space Healthcare, all our sunglasses have 100% UV protection and we can fit prescription lenses to a great range of our sunglasses styles.